Thursday, June 3, 2010

33. Day and Night

I was glad we left on good terms, but Addam had a different idea of what that day meant. To him, it meant things were back to the way they used to be. Like the past two weeks hadn't happened. He'd call me from Michigan every night, and he was so happy, back to the old Addam I fell in love with. He told me he had gotten me a Tiffany necklace for Valentines Day. It didn't arrive in time, and by the time it got to his place, we were on the outs. He still wanted to give it to me. At the same time, talking to Cayden every day for hours on end reminded me of all the reasons I wanted Cayden. He was a communicator, just like me. Cayden and I are both tell-it-like-it-is, no-bullshit kind of people. He admitted that it really bothered him when I started talking about Addam (the Good Addam), but he knew it was because of his decision that I was with someone else. But as soon as Good Addam turned Bad Addam, Cayden was pissed. He said he was so frustrated that Addam had the chance to be with me, living only 20 minutes away from me, but he wasn't treating me the way Cayden would have. He couldn't stand the fact that Addam made me cry, but then again, he was guilty of that as well. The main reason Cayden decided not to pursue a long-distance relationship with me before was because he didn't know when he'd be able to move here. But now that he was getting his MBA, he felt confident he could make the move by the beginning of 2012, which reopened his thoughts of being with me.
So I was talking to Cayden during the day and Addam at night, and my heart didn't know up from down, left from right, Cayden from Addam. When I was talking to Cayden, I wanted Cayden. When I was talking to (Good) Addam, I wanted Addam. This went on for weeks.

Well, neither of them were here, so I called Brady.

No comments:

Post a Comment