Sunday, May 6, 2012

To Have and To Hold

Remember that wedding gift I made for Shanna and Ronnie? Well, I took that same idea, and made his and hers wedding gifts for my friends Mitch and Vanessa. I think I'm getting the hang of this. Might open an Etsy store for customized wedding gifts one of these days!

Here's the one I made for Mitch. The words in the middle are the lyrics to the song Transalanticism by Death Cab for Cutie. He used to listen to the song on repeat when he and Vanessa were in a long distance relationship. The countries are cut out from maps of Norman, Oklahoma, and Austin, Texas, which is where they lived during their long-distance. 



And this is the gift I made for Vanessa. It's her favorite quote.



And in case you forgot what Shanna and Ronnie's looks like, here it is! This is something Ronnie said to Shanna right before they got married. They, too, were in a long-distance relationship. The maps in the background are of the cities they commuted from. 






6 comments:

  1. Your so talented. How did you put it all together? You must tell!

    No i don't want to copy it, i just don't understand it & my little brain needs to understand things lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can totally copy it! That's why I posted them :) Which one do you want details on? If you're talking about the one at the top, I bought a big frame at Hobby Lobby (50% off!) and then I crinkled up tissue paper to act as the water. I had to print out the shapes of the countries and cut them out, then I put those on top of the maps and cut around them. That was the hardest part. The lyrics are printed on vellum. A little bit of craft glue did the trick!

      Delete
  2. These gifts are phenomenal! I would totally buy these from you if sold them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks! I'll make sure to post a link if I get around to opening an Etsy Store. I need at least 3 more hours in my day just for my hobbies!

      Delete
  3. The Shanna/Ronnie quote reminds me of the song we had sung at our wedding - Always Have, Always Will by BlackHawk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to have to look that one up. I'm still working on my playlist!

      Delete