Thursday, February 2, 2012

261. Tickled


"Thank you again for the pictures," Cayden said the next morning. "You look so sexy in them."

He pulled me against him and I clung to him koala-style. The sheets were tangled at my feet but I didn't care to fix them.

"Thank you for the necklace," I said. "It's really unique. You did well."

I poked his side to make him squirm. I knew every single one of his ticklish spots. Unfortunately, he knew mine, too. And I absolutely hated to be tickled. People always think that since you're laughing, you're having a good time. But really, when people tickle me I just want to punch them in the mouth. There's nothing fun or funny about the possibility of peeing your pants or farting. I take that back, there are a lot of funny things about those two incidences, as long as they don't happen to me. Cayden knew my stance on tickling, so he kept it to a minimum.

"Don't even think about it," I warned as I felt his fingers start to drum at my side.

He laughed and held my hand instead.

"What time do you think it is?" I asked, too lazy to reach for my phone.

I could hear a few people already awake downstairs, so my guess was that it was after 9 am. I tried to smell for freshly made pancakes, but I didn't catch a whiff of it, which meant my dad was either still in bed or at his computer getting work done. Dad loves to make a big fancy breakfast when everyone's in town.

"I don't know," he said. "I'd guess around 8 or 9? I've been awake or a couple hours. This jet lag messes up my sleeping schedule every time."

I felt like I could doze off again with his arms wrapped around me, but I could hear his stomach growling underneath his skin.

"Oh, I wanted to ask you.... does it bother you at all that I invited Will down here?" I looked up from his chest to watch his reaction.

His eyebrows furrowed and he seemed confused.

"Why would that bother me?"

I tried to read his eyes to see if he was just trying to play it cool. He appeared truly stumped.

"Well, I don't know..." I shrugged. "I mean, he's my ex and my family loves him and they were all excited to have him come down.... and he's sleeping just downstairs... I just didn't want you to feel uncomfortable or awkward about that."

He smiled as I stumbled through my explanation.

"I'm not bothered by it one bit. I really like the guy! I think we'll be great mates when I move here. He's so outgoing and just... out there. That's the kind of people I like to be around."

It was my turn to look confused. Will and Cayden were going to be BFFs? The first guy I ever had sex with and the last guy I'll ever have sex with were going to be drinking buddies one day? Well, at least they had that in common.

"Why do you look so surprised?" he asked.

"I'm actually surprised that I'm not surprised. And that I don't feel weird about it. But I have to admit, if the tables were turned and you were inviting your ex to your family's Christmas dinner and a slumber party, I think I'd feel weird about it."

"It just kind of depends on the situation I guess," he said. "But I like Will. He's a good guy. Oh, and I think your dad and Corbin were talking about getting all the guys together today to go see the new Mission Impossible movie. What are you girls going to do?"

"Oh, I'm sure Noelle will drag us out shopping like she always does."

Cayden's stomach growled again. I was hungry for some morning sex, but I could tell Cayden was hungry for breakfast. I decided to postpone the morning sex. We were still at my parents' house, after all.




No comments:

Post a Comment