Friday, June 10, 2011

News and Updates: Crystal Ball


It's Friday night and my roommate and I had a date with a bottle of wine and a movie, but instead we decided to be spontaneous. So we went to see a psychic. I love psychics. But this one was a little... odd. We went to her house, her tiny white dog was yapping, her baby was crying, and random relatives were lurking around the house.

I sat at her dinner room table while she stroked my right hand. She said some things that were spot on an some things that couldn't be farther from the truth, so I thought I'd share with you some of the real gems from the reading. Below are quotes from her reading, followed by my unspoken remarks.


"First off, I'm sensing a LOT of energy from you. You're outspoken, outgoing. You don't talk about people behind their backs. You say it to their face. Is that right?"
False. I do both.

"I need to tell you to be discrete. A lot of people know a lot about you. Too much. And at the same time, there's something there that you feel like you need to keep quiet. Something people can't know."
So, you're saying I shouldn't be writing about every details of my sex life for the world to read? Shit.

"But I am feeling like there's a lot of negativity around you. Not for something you did, and you're not the one being negative, but you're surrounded by envy."
Is there something you guys want to tell me?

"When it comes to your friends. Don't trust them. I'm not talking about all of them, but there are a few that don't have your best interests in mind. Two in particular, a man and a woman, are hoping you don't succeed. Do you have any idea who that could be? Who wouldn't want you to succeed?"
Will the real Slim Shady please stand up?

"You're a positive person, very generous, and always a good friend to others. But you're not surrounded by people who would do the same for you."
False. Generosity isn't a term my friends would use to describe me, that's for damn sure.

"I feel like you have this huge potential, this path to success, but there's something in the way. Some kind of wall stopping you and pushing you back. Like every time you take two steps forward you take three steps back. And whatever that is is making you weak. I'm feeling exhausted energy from you. Exhausted emotions."
It's called a long-distance relationship. You try going without sex for months at a time and see how you feel.

"When it comes to love and relationships, you haven't had much success. Am I correct?"
Am I really paying this lady???

"Oh, you have a boyfriend? How long? A year? Let's see...with him, I'm sensing confusion. He's holding back. There are things he's not telling you. He's saying one thing and doing another. There are bad influences around him, negative people, and they might be causing that confusion. Causing him to have doubts or to think a certain way."
Cayden's never held anything back in his life. Even when he should.

"I see a lot of changes coming up very soon, all for the best. You'll be making some pretty serious decisions. And you need to follow your own advice. And that's not something you've been doing lately. You've been relying too much on others' opinions instead of forming your own."
You'll be happy to know, I took my own advice and left my job. Got a new job that allows me to focus on my writing more. How's that for big changes?


No comments:

Post a Comment