Tuesday, March 1, 2011

News and Updates: I Cried at Work

Yesterday I was sitting at my desk at work, minding my own business, when one of my managers called to me from across the rows of cubicles.

"Whitney? Are you CRYING?"

I quickly wiped the tears rolling down my face and sniffed loudly

"Yes."

For every tear I wiped, there was another one close behind.

"Those better be tears of joy!"

They were. I'd just clicked on this video link from @melaniemagic from my Twitter Feed.



I started crying the second I heard the song. I loved that song. I had goosebumps from head to toe. When he got down on one knee, I lost my shit. I was bawling at work. All eyes were on me.

"Yes, they are tears of joy." Everyone breathed a sigh of relief. I wasn't quitting.

Her stream of tweets explained that she'd met her boyfriend on Twitter and exactly a year after they met in person, he proposed at the exact same Starbucks they'd first met at. They entered the Crate & Barrel Ultimate Wedding Contest to win their dream wedding. Would I vote for them? Sure! (You should, too. Click here).

Then later that day, I opened a Facebook message from a friend saying her cousin had entered the same contest. She and her fiance had always had a long distance relationship, just like me and Cayden. He lived in New York and she lived in Texas. They both had families in Singapore who had met them separately and thought they would be great together and so they just started emailing and skyping and are now engaged. Would I vote for them? Hell yeah! (You should, too. Click here)

Aside from those stories, I've received tons of tear-jerking proposal stories from all of you that have further proved that I've turned into an emotionally unstable die-hard ROMANTIC. Yuck.

BUT... Check this out. I just saw that Samuels Jewelers is hosting a Most Romantic Proposal Story Contest on their Facebook Page. You send in your romantic proposal stories and then Samuels will pick their five favorite and those will go up for a vote. Winner gets a 14K white gold anniversary band. Ah, it's so pretty!

I'M GOING TO GO VOTING CRAZY!!! Oh, and I'm also going to go through 40 boxes of Kleenex. The kind with soothing lotion.

So, for all of you beautiful, happily engaged or married couples out there, you should send in your proposal story to their Facebook Page! And then send it to me (fairytalebaginning73@gmail.com) so I can post it on my blog and bawl my eyes out.

Pretty please? A small part of me loves the hopeless romantic I've become :)

1 comment:

  1. dear.god. I'm a blubbering idiot. Sigh. I LOVE THIS. I so love it. (and love the song too) =)

    ReplyDelete