Thursday, February 17, 2011

Your Stories: If at first you don't succeed...

Whitney I have been following your blog for about six months now. I too am a sooner fan from the DFW area. This story about my fairytale dates back before I stepped foot in Norman, Oklahoma. This one is really short and sweet, probably not one that is going to bring tears to your eyes or anything I am a in a nutshell kind of person. However, you and Cayden's story made me realize what had been in my life all along so I feel the need to share it with you.

I was graduating from Carroll high school. Part of a fairly large graduating class, both guys that were seated next to me I had never met before even after attending the same high school. The guy to my left, Daniel, was a little strange but it intrigued me. We spent the time at project graduation (where they lock all the graduated seniors in so they don't get in trouble on graduation night) flirting. I slipped his phone in my back pocket and ran off and told him he couldn't have it back until I got his phone number. The next day I left for New York City (my graduation present from my parents) , but truthfully I was more interested in the text messages Daniel was sending than what I was going to buy at bloomingdale's. When I returned home from my trip we immediately started dating.

The summer was spent on the back of jet skis and at lake houses. It was almost too perfect. August rolled around and I knew I would be leaving for Oklahoma soon and he would be going to Stephenville, Texas. Only three hours away. The day I left I cried the entire two and half hour drive from Colleyville, Texas to Norman, Oklahoma, You know that drive isn't all that great to begin with. We only managed to last two months apart. Neither of us was emotional ready to take on the distance despite how short that distance was. I cried for weeks.

Through out college I dated several guys to no avail. Daniel was always in the back of my mind, despite our short relationship, it was perfect. But him and I no longer spoke and he had recently purposed to another girl. So i did my best to clear my mind of him. After graduating from OU I moved back in with my parents in Colleyville. Daniel living only living several miles away in a neighboring town we began speaking again. Things had falling through with his fiance with a rough split between the two and I was still mending a broken heart from a previous relationship.

We have been dating since december and I have never felt more in love or more comfortable in a relationship. It only took five years of growing up from the both of us. I never once expected for us to end up together again I guess the world just has a funny way of working things out.

Lets just say I don't expect you to post this, but I just wanted to let you know Whitney that I follow you and Cayden on Twitter. I have never been more inspired by a couple willing to work through the tough times in order to be together. So thank you for giving all us out there that inspiration.

I can only imagine what would have happened had Daniel and I been strong enough at the time to attempt a long distance relationship ( No matter how short the distance). Unfortunately the road ahead for Daniel and I looks rough as I wish to pursue a career in the foreign service taking me away from the United States for quite some time....Hopefully he can join me in the future though, and I am glad to have proof in front of me that long distance is possible and that you can make it work. Thank you Whitney.


Kati


*

No comments:

Post a Comment