Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Your Stories: "He is my fairytale."

Whitney,
I started reading your blog a few months ago, and I am sincerely hooked. There are such things as happily ever afters, even if there are some bumps in the road. I'm not sure I have ever completely written out this story, but I guess there is a first time for everything. I am definately not as articulate as you, but I will do my best to give justice to my story.

It was July of 2000, and I was 18 years old when I met my fairytale man. I lived in Mississippi at the time and he lived in Ohio. (Not Texas to England, but hey! It's was far enough!) My Dad had been asked to preach at some friends church in Ohio. My family decided to take a two week vacation to Ohio and then to Indiana to visit our family. Who knew that trip would change my life?

When we arrived at the home of the Pastor, he immediately began telling me about this guy at his church. I would just roll my eyes and change the subject. I was dating someone, although, it was at the rocky edge of falling off a cliff. I didn't want to hear about another guy when I knew that my heart was on the verge of breaking in half. All night, our friends family kept saying, "Wouldn't she be amazing with him? I know they are meant for each other! The would just fit so perfectly." I would laugh, roll my eyes, and very nicely TRY and change the subject.

My family walked into the church the next morning. My sister and I sat on the third row with my mom and 8 week old baby sister. And then I saw him. My sister turned to me and said, "Please please tell me THAT IS THE GUY they were talking about??? He is FINNNNNEEEEEE!!!" I couldn't stop staring. He was adorable. Dark brown hair, almost black, and these amazing brown eyes. He was dressed to the T. Wouldn't you know that all the young people came and introduced themselves to us, except him. I was so disappointed.

Later I found out that after church, that boy went to his sister and BEGGED her to introduce him to my sister and me. So, she, being her sneaky self, went to the pastor and had him introduce us. If you could've seen the smile on that man's face and he introduced Brandon to me. We spent most of the day together, with our sisters tagging along.

To make a very long story shorter, in March of 2001 we were engaged to be married, and in July of 2002, I married Brandon. And here we are 8.5 years later with a beautiful marriage, 2 beautiful kids, and a wonderful life that will only get better. I love that man. And despite the distance and the hard times, and the horrible bumps we've been through, I wouldn't trade one moment with him. He is my fairytale.

Thanks for listening,
Amber




*

No comments:

Post a Comment