Saturday, December 11, 2010

News and Updates: Kiss the One You Love

The other day Lorree MacDonald posted this link on my Facebook wall. It's a link to Nivea's Kiss the One You Love contest. Here's the jist, from Nivea:



Luckily for me, Cayden and I will already be together on New Years. Granted, we'll be kissing under the mistletoe in my living room, not in the middle of Times Square, but regardless, I couldn't be happier knowing we'll be able to bring in the new year together. So this contest touched my heart when I thought about all of the long-distance couples who won't be able to share a midnight kiss. In fact, I'm sure there are long-distance couples reading this blog right now! (I've even talked to some of you on Twitter!)

So, my question is...

1. Are you in a long-distance relationship?
2. Will you be together for New Years?

If you answered "yes" to the first one, and "no" to the second one, YOU NEED TO ENTER THIS CONTEST! Once you enter, send me an email with your story (you have to send them your story when you enter, so just copy and paste that to me), I'll post it on my blog, and I'll beg all of my readers to vote for you! How amazing would that be if two couples who read my blog got to kiss on New Years IN NYC'S TIMES SQUARE?!!? I'm near tears just thinking about it!!

There are only 10 days left to enter, and they announce the winners on Dec 24. So enter TODAY so we can start voting right away! This is going to be freakin AWESOME.

2 comments:

  1. I would love to be able to enter this because I am too in a long distance relationship, more than just that really, a long distance marriage. My husband is currently serving the country over in Afghanistan and will be there until at least August of next year. Since he has been gone it has been the hardest thing in the world considering the longest we ever spent apart was 3 weeks when he was doing other stuff for the military in almost 4 years that we've been together. I will email you a longer story at a later time on it, but I just have to say, I love, love, love your blog and love how you are trying to help other couples that are in the long distance relationships.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, can't even imagine! Enter the contest and send me your story! Let's get people voting for you, too!

    ReplyDelete