Tuesday, December 14, 2010

137. Spoonless

The good news was, my burrito bowl didn't make its second appearance until much later in the night, in the comfort of my own bathroom. Well, in the comfort of the bathroom at my parents' house. We were staying the night there because Cayden had to wake up early to leave for Nascar with my dad and brother.

It was my second to last night with Cayden, and I was miserable. My stomach hurt so bad that even the slightest movements made me want to throw up. I had shooting pains up my back and painful cramps in my sides. It hurt to lie down. It hurt to stand up. It hurt to walk. It hurt not to walk. At one point I was convinced I was going to end up on an episode of I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant.

Both my younger sister and brother had gone to the ER for similar pains within the past year, so I knew I wouldn't actually die. I just had to wait it out.

I curled up in a ball on the bathroom floor and hoped for sleep. It didn't come. So I went back to my brother's bed where Cayden was almost asleep.

"Are you OK, babe? I'm worried about you," he said, sitting up on his elbows.

"I'll be fine. Just don't touch me. I want you to hold me so badly, but I'll throw up on you."

"Are you sure? We can't even spoon?"

Ah, I loved spooning. He was so tempting. But I knew I couldn't handle the weight of his arms around me. Or if I tried to risk being big spoon there was a chance I'd throw up in his ear. Something told me he wouldn't appreciate that.

"I'm sorry. Just go to sleep and hopefully I'll be just fine tomorrow, then we can kiss and cuddle and turn me into newborn Bambi again all night long."

He leaned over and kissed me lightly on the lips.

"I love you, baby."

"Love you, too."

---

New and Updates

Being that I spent most of that Sunday in the fetal position on the couch, I'm going to spare you the boring details. Instead, Cayden's going to write about his Nascar experience, and what it was like bonding with my dad and brother (and one point, my dad introduces Cayden as his 'future son in law.')

BUT, Cayden can't write it tomorrow because he has a Christmas party to attend. So you'll have to wait until Thursday to hear how that went.

Until then, go vote for Kathryn and Vinny (PRETTY PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE?!) Only 150 of you have voted so far, and I know there are plenty more of you out there! It would really mean the world to them.

Hopefully I can post someone else's story for you tomorrow so you don't get bored waiting for Cayden's (If you have a story to tell, please send it my way!). But I'll have you all caught up before his next visit. He'll be here on Christmas eve!!

Oh, and in case you haven't heard, Cayden joined Twitter. So feel free to follow him @BritforWhit. He's still learning Twitter, so don't be offended if he doesn't tweet you back or follow back right away. I'll show him how to use it when he gets here.


*

No comments:

Post a Comment