Thursday, November 11, 2010

Your Stories: Like there's no tomorrow

My kickball team had me out too late tonight, so I can't stay up any later to write more of my story. But I leave you with someone else's. This is an email I got from a reader named Addie. I suggest you read all the way through, because she has a powerful message to send, and I want to help spread her message.


Whitney,

One of my co-workers told me about your blog and i have been addicted to it, it makes me very happy and sad all at the same time.

I met the love of my life, correction-the greatest love of my life, four years ago. I was working on a ranch in New Mexico and I had just come in from riding with Tommy when his brother Jimmy pulled in. He also worked for Tommy on the ranch. I had lived in that town for over a year and never saw this man until that day.

I no more than looked at him when everything in me shook. He introduced himself and I knew at that moment I had to know him. I did not care if I only new him for two weeks or the rest of my life, I had to know him. We went our seperate ways after that, only seeing eachother everyonce in a while.

About a month had passed and I didn't think he was interested in me. I have to add he was also 21 years my senior, so I thought that was what was keeping him away. I had gotten a job at the local convenience store for no other reason but to meet people in that small town. Tommy showed up one night when I was working the graveyard shift. He needed to talk to me and proceeded to ask me about another guy that we worked with named Art. Apparently everyone was under the understanding that I was with Art. Lol, Guys are so dense sometimes and apparently they don't grow out of that.

So needless to say, I informed Tommy that he was wrong and went out on a limb and told him Jimmy was the one I wanted. I knew that by telling him word would get back to Jimmy. It wasn't 20 minutes after Tommy left that my phone rang and it was Jimmy. He asked me if I wanted to come over after work the next day for a beer.

Now let me explain something: He works on a ranch from sun up to sun down, and I don't get off of work till 10:30 pm. So I was a little enticed when he said he didn't care and that he would wait for me. So I went. I didn't expect anything, but he looked so good when i got there. He was in grey comfy pants that hung off his ass just right and a grey long sleeve shirt that accented his built arms and broad chest. Makes me melt just thinking about it.

We were sitting on the couch watching a movie when he did a 180 and was right in front of my face. He kissed me and that was it. I was done.

W e had sex all night long and were together every minute afterwards for four years. We were best friends, the loves of each others' lives. I could tell him anything and what I loved the most was he loved me for me just the way I was. We were inseparable.

I could sit here and give u all the details of all the amazing moments of our relationship, but 1. That would take forever and 2. It would be too painful.

See, this summer we decided it would be best if I went to Texas for the summer to be with my family. He had gotten involved in some things that he couldn't take care of with me there. So as painful as it was, I left. Not for good, but we loved each other enough to know that we wanted our forever and this was the only way to secure it.

So I left on a Thursday and Sunday morning he died.

Now I don't know what kind of fucked up plan god had, but the greatest love of my life was taken from me. There will never be another Jimmy and I don't know if my heart will ever truly heal. But I wanted to tell you my story to tell you this: When I first met him I said I don't care how long I have him in my life, but I know I'm suppose to and I'll be a better person for it.

You don't know how long things last or how long people will last. lans are all fine and good but there is no guarantee you will be around to make it work. Follow your heart, Whitney, in everything you do. Even if it doesn't seem practical or logical at the time. Your life and you will be better for it.

I miss him everyday, but I am one of the luckiest people in the world to have experienced such a passion-filled, unconditional love. Even if it was for a short while, I still got to have it.

Thank you for listening. I just want you and everyone else to love if you have someone to love like there is no tomorrow.

Addie



*

3 comments:

  1. This absolutely broke my heart. Addie thank you for sending this in and Whitney thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cried a little reading this.

    ReplyDelete